Sunday, November 2, 2008

Arch-Mini 20081102 Release

I'm final releasing a mini version of my project now. This release is differnet in that it doesn't have gnome and kde in it. Only light desktops.

* awesome has been fix. Its now it the Xsession script for calling on desktops. (I hope this works since i didn't test it.) Its not a boot option at the moment.

* Using isolinux boot menu now. This is so you can added files with isomaster and still be bootable. (grub livecd are not bootable if you remaster with isomaster.)

* Lxde, xfce, and e17 can be selected at boot.

* /usr/share/locale folder is remove like in last archiso-live. This is cause arch-mini is english only for now. (It also saves my ~40mb of space on the iso.

* The installer should be fine now. I have not touch those 2 files that cause the problem since i fix it. I just copy sysvinit and shutdown functions over the -chakra version in overlay. Made a if statement to see if /bootmnt/archlive.sqfs file exist so the cd may eject. If it doesn't exist it will think its on a hard drive.

Root password is ArchLinux

arch password is arch

You can get the iso here.

EDIT: For some reason this will not install anymore. I don't know why or how to fix it. In virtualbox it was something to do with /boot/grub/stage1 not be readable i think. Its best to not install it for now and coming future.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks! I'm going to try it now,.